Open House was held at Conductive Education on Saturday 29th June. We had several aims:
- publicise Anita’s challenge;
- sell tickets for the Scones & Shanties concert;
- fundraise towards Anita’s £8,200 target for Cannon Hill House;
- try to attract Corporate Sponsorship towards Anita’s considerable costs.
Where was Anita?? – Sailing (where else?), Level 2 again.
Where was I?? – Singing (not driving this time).
Who was in charge?? – Ray of course (that’s what Dads are for!!).
- Anita prepared and sent all the slides for the display;
- Anita told me where she wanted each slide on the display board;
- I added some words from the blog (as requested), printed the slides and set up the display board;
- Ray found lots of boxes to help with the display board;
- Ray and I went over Friday afternoon and set everything up.
Ray was there bright and early (for a Saturday).It was a lovely day. bright and sunny. Conductive Education was slightly surprised that there were fewer people than expected. However, there was considerable interest in Anita’s stand. Entertainment was provided by Bournville Brass.
Several people had already heard about Anita’s challenge and wanted to know more so that was great. Ray tended to approach everyone who entered the room and ask them if they would like to find out more. Unfortunately, no-one actually bought tickets for the Scones & Shanties concert but there was great interest with lots of flyers distributed. People felt that the end of September was too early to make a commitment but promised to attend if at all possible.
There were two collection buckets on the table as well:
- a bucket for fundraising contributions towards Anita’s £8,200 target for Cannon Hill House – this held £67.43. There was also a form which could be completed for gift aid and £30.00 of the total had been gift aided. This made a total contribution to the charity of £74.93 – a great achievement.
- a bucket for contributions towards Anita’s costs and this one yielded £17.00.
It ALL helps so thank you to EVERYONE who added to our buckets!!
AND ………. Ray won the raffle!